At risk of stating the obvious, it’s been a slow year for updates to the site. As I noted in my last Gallery Update, life continues to speed along at the rate of oh-please-God-just-get-me-through-today. Now that many of us are working from home in the COVID era, I’m reluctant to spend my spare time sitting at the same desk where I work and go to school. The last few months have particularly trying, as I know they have for many people around the world. That said, it has been over a year since that last gallery update, however, so I have plenty of new scans to add to existing galleries. I hope you enjoy these new additions.
But first: I’m late to announce some news — Realms of Night now has an official eBay store. I finally went with the store format because running auctions is time-consuming work. Creating listings all at the same time, and then shipping everything out at the same time requires blocks of time I don’t always have available. Having a store does not preclude me from doing auctions as time permits, but it does make it much easier to manage an inventory of items that I can list at my leisure and leave them listed at Buy It Now prices. In talking to fellow collectors, I get the impression many prefer the ability to just buy the item outright. I have expanded items in my store to include not only books, but horror movies, music (mostly heavy metal), horror comics and magazines, plus some horror and metal t-shirts. I have two bins of collectable horror toys that I’ll be adding at some point as well.
Now, on to the updates! The galleries listed below have been updated with the following images:
- Avon Horror – The Mandrake Scream by Melisand March
- Charles Beaumont – The Hunger and Other Stories (finally!)
- Ramsey Campbell – Midnight Sun
- Conan the Cimmerian – two more Tor pastiches to add to the cover collection
- Richie Tankersley Cusick – Overdue
- John Farris – the first pb edition of Shatter and a new scan of Wildwood
- Charles L. Grant – two more to add, The Nestling and The Grave (Tor edition)
- James Herbert – First edition hardcover of The Magic Cottage
- Robert E. Howard – three of the Baen collections from the mid-1990s
- Stephen King – first editions of The Stand and the true first edition of The Bachman Books omnibus
- Dean Koontz – Dragon Tears
- Richard Laymon – The Glory Bus, BCE hardcover
- Fritz Leiber – Another mmpb edition of Conjure Wife, and Night’s Black Agents, first Arkham House hardcover!
- Leisure Books – a bunch of ’em, including a rare edition of Dana Reed’s Deathbringer
- Richard Matheson – first paperback edition of Earthbound, written as Logan Swanson
- Robert R. McCammon – first pb edition of Mystery Walk with the blue boar monster
- The Shadow – The Death Giver
- Dennis Wheatley – BCE hardcover edition of Gateway to Hell
- T.M. Wright – The House on Orchid Street
- Zebra Books – a bunch of ’em, including three by Andrew Neiderman, a.k.a. V.C. Andrews
The featured image for this post is from Jill Bauman’s cover for The Nestling.